No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars
These no-bake chewy granola bars are always a good snack to have on hand when you need something a little sweet. With two little kids and a hungry husband, I want to offer a healthy snack that is both tasty and nutritious. This recipe hits the spot and is super simple to make. You can even have the kids join you in the kitchen.
Ingredients for No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars
- One cup peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or your favorite nut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Two and 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- One cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips, optional
1. In a medium pot set over medium-low heat, melt together nut butter, honey, and coconut oil, stirring until smooth.
2. Remove from stove and stir in oats and coconut.
3. Pour mixture into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
4. Spread into an even layer, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips (if using), and firmly press down with the back of a
spatula or clean hands.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
6. Remove bars using parchment paper and slice into squares or bars.
7. Store granola bars in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You may substitute chopped nuts, seeds, and/or unsweetened dried fruit for the coconut, or add them additionally. It’s up to you!
I hope this recipe gives you and your family some inspiration for fun in the kitchen that will result in a delicious and healthy snack. Check out other great recipes for kids right here.
For more content just like this, register here for our weekly newsletter that includes health and fitness tips, great recipes, and soul work ideas to keep you healthy in the mind, body, and soul.