30-Minute Chicken Taco Bowl
This 30-minute chicken taco bowl recipe is great! Eating healthy and clean doesn’t require tons of money and time. Actually simplifying your meals to a few ingredients will only allow you more time for yourself and your family. Understanding that cooking is a passion and a hobby for some people reading this blog, this recipe might be too easy. For this busy mama, it’s fast, easy and I can help my boys knock out homework while I wait for it to finish. What’s my trick? It’s an Instant Pot and this kitchen tool has changed my busy nights for the better.
We do Mexican food in Texas
Texans love tacos. Actually we haven’t met one we don’t like. When I need to be a Super Hero in the kitchen, if I say “taco”, it’s a pretty safe bet. This 30-Minute Chicken Taco Bowl recipe comes from a combination of successes, trials and errors using Pinterest recipes. Sometimes they work and other times they flop. I chose the base ingredients and flavors I love best, then made a combination of veggies that are both tasty and purposeful in our body.
30-Minute Chicken Taco Bowl Ingredients
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of taco seasoning
- 1 and 3/4 cup of black beans rinsed and drained (one 14 oz can)
- 3/4 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup of chopped green peppers, onions and red pepper mixture
- 1 and 1/2 cup of medium salsa
- 1 and 1/2 cup of long grain rice
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- tortilla strips or chips
30-Minute Chicken Taco Bowl Directions
- Fill the bottom of the instant pot with chicken broth.
- Add 3 chicken breasts.
- Cover the chicken breasts with taco seasoning.
- Add the corn and the black beans.
- Add the onion and pepper mixture.
- Pour the salsa on top of the veggies.
- Pour the remaining chicken broth on top of everything.
- Lastly, add the rice and make sure it’s covered by the liquid.
- Close the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set your timer for 10 minutes (it will take some time for the pressure to build BEFORE the IP begins to cook the food).
- Once the timer is finished, allow the IP to release the steam naturally for 10 more minutes.
- Finally turn the value to release and open the lid (be careful it may still be hot).
- Fluff the rice and locate the chicken at the bottom.
- Remove the chicken and shred it.
- Close the lid to the IP while you prep and top the rest of the food. Remove the lid after 4-5 minutes.
- Serve over lettuce with a scoop of rice, then the chicken and finally your toppings.
- Enjoy fresh and hot.
We hope you enjoy this 30-minute chicken taco bowl recipe as much as we do! For more whole food recipes and articles with real talk by real women, join the Wellthy Soul Tribe for free today. Register right HERE.