Instant Pot Chicken Thighs that are the Best Ever
Are you looking for instant pot chicken thighs that are the best ever? Look no further. These gluten-free, bad-boys will melt in your mouth. After several recipes producing dry chicken, I finally found one that is easy (key for me) and fast. As a Mom of two active boys, mealtime and meal prep needs to take little time and requires simple recipes. After searching on Pinterest and comparing ingredients, I landed on this tasty combination. Add this chicken to some sweet potatoes and a spinach salad and in 30 minutes, you and your crew can be enjoying a delicious meal.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs Ingredients:
- 1.5 pounds of air chilled, boneless chicken thighs (organic if available)
1 tablespoon of avocado oil
1.5 teaspoons of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic, paprika, onion powder, dried oregano
1 cup of water or chicken stock
Best Ever Chicken Thighs Instructions:
- 1. Combine all seasonings in a bowl.
- 2. Wash and season the chicken on both sides.
- 3. Use the Instant Pot setting, “Saute” and leave the top off.
- 4. Add oil to the inner metal bowl as it warms.
- 5. Next, place the seasoned chicken in the warm oil and leave in place for 4-5 minutes. The chicken will brown and smoke and ultimately, it should lift out easily. If it’s sticking, let it continue to cook.
- 6. Flip chicken thighs to side two and cook the same way.
- 7. Once the chicken is cooked on side two and it lifts easily, remove all pieces from the instant pot and place it on a clean plate.
- 8. Add one cup of water or chicken broth and with a rubber tool, scrape the brown marks and pieces off the bottom of the bowl. This prevents overheating.
- 9. Place the metal trivet (comes with your Instant Pot) in the liquid-filled bowl and place the chicken inside the Instant Pot on the trivet.
- 10. Place the lid on and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position. Press the setting, “Pressure” and set a timer for 8 minutes. It can take the Instant Pot some time to pressurize so prep your other sides while the Instant Pot does its thing.
- 11. Allow the pressure to release naturally for five to six minutes, then carefully turn the steam release to “Venting”. Open the top.
- 12. Serve the chicken thighs immediately.
These are the BEST EVER Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and you have to make them this week! Plan your sides, head to the grocery and grab the cleanest chicken you can find. Once you make them, you will be a hit in the kitchen. If you want more, check out this recipe for another Gluten-free Instant Pot recipe or scroll down and sign up for our newsletter. We send healthy tips and recipes to you every week!