Sweet Potato Chili by Coach Leslie Migues
Sweet Potato Chili made with whole food hits the spot. This recipe can be made easily while you are checking emails at home or knocking out a quick workout. Purchase your ingredients in time to have all the things ready to throw into a pot and make it simply amazing! Leslie knows how to create a delicious dish!
Sweet Potato Chili Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef, bison, or lamb
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 medium serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Organic (28 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, 1 cup undrained
- Organic beef bone broth, 1 cup
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ¾ inch chunks, (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sliced green onion (optional)
To make the sweet potato chili, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, serrano chile pepper, and garlic, and cook stirring frequently while breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until the meat is browned about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, broth, sweet potato, bell pepper, chili powder, chipotle, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. If desired, season with additional salt, and serve the chili topped with cilantro and green onion. Kick back and enjoy it!
Love delicious recipes? Add you new to our email list and get weekly emails with healthy recipes, stories about real women trying to live life to the fullest and great workout suggestions. Click HERE to join.