Almond Flour Banana Muffins
Almond Flour Banana Muffins that are gluten-free and don’t taste “healthy”, as my kids remark. This recipe does not call for sugar, so the muffins are not super sweet, but they are still tasty. Homemade and approved by both of my kids, these muffins can be a quick meal on the go, in the mornings, or a pre-practice snack for the student-athlete in your home. With 10 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes of baking time, they are quick and easy. Save those brown bananas next time and make these warm, banana muffins.
When I go to a recipe online, the author likes to tell long stories about how the recipe came out. I’ll spare you the story of how bananas made their way to the U.S. and get to the ingredients for these delicious almond flour banana muffins. Deal? Here is what you need to make these treats.
3 ripe bananas (brown spots), large
3 eggs, large
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups almond flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
Coconut oil for coating the muffin pan
Almond Flour Instructions
Simple instructions to make these delicious Almond Flour Banana Muffins. You can start and stop this whole process in less than an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Next, in a powerful blender or food processor, add bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, salt, and process until smooth.
- Add almond flour and process just enough to combine. Pause, scrape the walls, and process just a bit again to combine. If you are adding chocolate chips, pour and then and stir them in with a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter between 12 openings of the previously prepared muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted come out clean. Remove from the oven, let cool 20 minutes and enjoy.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
For more recipes and health tips, join our database HERE for health motivation sent every Sunday night email.