This creamy and no sugar added banana and walnut ice cream is a delightful treat made from ripe bananas and chopped walnuts. It’s sweetened naturally by the bananas and gets an extra layer of flavor from a touch of vanilla extract. Savor the flavors blended together without added sugars or guilt.
Banana and Walnut Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel and slice the bananas, then freeze them until solid.
- Blend the frozen bananas and vanilla extract in a food processor until creamy.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer to a container and freeze for an additional 2 hours before serving.
Serving your treat
Rather than telling friends and family that this treat doesn’t have any added sugar, let your guests or family enjoy the treat without expectation. Sometimes “sugar-free” can get a bad rap in the minds of less health-conscious individuals. Healthy food can sometimes taste less than desirable and their opinion of the dessert could be already formed before the spoon hits their mouth. This time, allow them to enjoy the no sugar added banana and walnut ice cream without expectations or preconceived notions. They will love it! Want more low sugar recipes or to join the Wellthy Soul Sugar Strike, CLICK HERE!